COACH is highly committed to protecting the privacy of members and others who use our online, telephone and other services. This page provides a statement about how COACH manages personal information and protects privacy.
COACH uses member and other stakeholder information only for the purposes stated at the time of collection and neither uses it for any other purpose nor discloses the information to any other organization except where the member/client has consented to the alternate use or disclosure.
Tenets of COACH Privacy
- COACH maintains data on members and clients in strict confidence and shares those data only for stated purposes.
- No more than the minimum amount of personal information will be collected in the course of providing any service.
- Members have the right to abstain from providing certain information recognizing that in that case, the purpose may then not be fulfilled or the organization may not be able to provide some services to the Member.
- Members have the right to access their own information. (Procedures for accessing information can be found in the Related Procedures section below.)
- COACH collects data for specifically identified purposes and does not use data collected for one purpose for any other.
- COACH will obtain members/client consent if data is used for other purposes.
In addition, COACH has implemented a series of practices to comply with the consent and unsubscribing provisions for Commercial Electronic Messages (CEMs) in Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL). Where consent is required by CASL, we ensure that recipients have expressly opted-in or that we have their implied consent to receiving COACH communications before they are sent. We provide an obvious, efficient email or web-based mechanism to unsubscribe from email at anytime and contacts who make unsubscribe requests will be removed within 10 business days.
COACH collects member information through membership applications and renewals, online member profiles, conference and webinar registrations and publication and subscription orders.
Member information may be collected via direct telephone contact, through the Internet or on a prescribed form provided by the organization.
COACH tracks visitors to their public website for statistical purposes. The site captures limited information about visits. No personally identifiable information is collected, only aggregate data – such as the number of hits per page. For members only Web pages accessible by authorized members, names of the members and email addresses are captured to authenticate levels of access and track the number of times members have visited the site. COACH is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any linked site.
COACH uses information submitted from members, conference registrants, and other customers in the following ways:
- To improve its own Web content; to respond to members’ and visitors’ interests, needs and preferences;
- To develop new products and services; and
- To provide individuals and their companies with information about complimentary COACH services, promotions or special offers.
For routine system maintenance and security administration such as tracking of authorized access. Aggregate data collected from the website are only used for internal and marketing purposes and do not provide any personally identifying information. Aggregate data are used only to analyze general traffic patterns (e.g. what pages are most/least popular) and to perform routine system maintenance.
- COACH Member data is never disclosed beyond the organization without the consent of the Member and it is shared internally only when it is required as a part of the performance of the duties of the individual seeking access.
- COACH does not make members’ contact information available through the COACH Membership Directory to third parties or visitors to its website but does make it available, with consent, to other members of COACH.
- COACH may elect to send mailings from other organizations to its members, with the approval of the Executive Director of COACH, but the mailings will always originate with COACH.
- If a member chooses to contact COACH by mail, fax, telephone or email, and provides personally identifiable information, COACH does not use the information for any purpose other than to respond to the member inquiries.
- COACH does not disclose credit card account information provided by its members and customers, except to the appropriate banking institutions and/or clearinghouses in order to obtain debit authorization and payment.
Individuals have the right to review their personal information to ensure its accuracy and to confirm COACH’s compliance with this policy. Anyone with concerns regarding the treatment of their member data or personal information or who wish to review their data should contact COACH at 1-888-253-8554 and ask for the individual responsible for member information.
- At the time they apply for Membership
- At the time they renew their Membership
- On the Website in the form of a website Privacy Statement